Every morning of every summer camp day, Cedar Brook Campers wake up to check their Special Event Calendar and see what awesome fun will be shared with their friends and counselors.
Each day of the summer at Cedar Brook is what we like to call a special day. Campers and staff get an opportunity to show their camp spirit by dressing up or participating in different events like Wacky Wednesday, Twin Tuesday, and the Carnival. This calendar is a helpful reminder for each camp family what the next special day is! Not sure when the next Trip or Overnight is for your camper? Our Camp Calendar has you covered! Aside from each of the special days the Calendar has all overnights, stay late!
2017 Special Events
- • Camp Carnival Day – Rides, Games, Prizes, and big time fun!!
- • Mid-Summer Black Tie Gala – Campers trade in their play clothes for elaborate gowns, party duds and carnival masks as they participate in the camp’s annual black tie gala, highlighting the end of another successful summer. After a scrumptious dinner, Campers spend the night palling around and learning the latest dance moves from their instructors.
- • Spray Park Party – Younger campers enjoy a day in the Sun in our water Spray park!
- • Senior Camper Sleepover – Senior campers (Gr. 5-8) sleep over at Camp Cedar Brook for a night of unforgettable fun and lifelong memories “Camp Favorite”.
- • Campers vs. Counselors – Campers Challenge Counselors in an Array of Fun Games.
- • Color Wars – This event is the highlight of the summer for many; Color War is a 2-day event all-camp competition in which the entire camp splits into 3 teams (Red, White and Blue) for 3 extra-exciting days of athletic, creative and performance competitions- while teaching important skills such as teamwork and sportsmanship. Color War brings out the best in campers, creating memories that last a lifetime.
- • Olympic Day – Campers/Counselors carry the torch to light the campfire to signal the beginning of the Cedar Brook Fun Olympics. Campers participate in an array of silly fun-filled events to determine what group will win the gold! Mock medals will be awarded to the campers
- • Jell-O Tug of War – Camper groups face off against one another in a conventional tug of war tournament, with the unconventional twist of falling into a vat of sticky, slimy Jell-O.
- • Wet ‘n’ Wild Day – Campers participate in an array of special events
- • Petting Zoos
- • Magic Shows
- • Cedar Brook Idol – Campers & Counselors Show off their talents at camp talent show!
- • Lip Sync Team Building Show – Each Camp group performs Lip Sync routine for the Camp Crown!
- • Cedar Brook Summer Spectacular Show – Special night for the entire camp
- • Parent BBQ Nights
- • Yacht or Not – A team building challenge and race in which each group constructs a boat using a cardboard box and duct tape.
- • Costume Party Day – Every year we are sure to construct a Haunted Trail, and our costumed campers go Trick or Treating across Camp with their groups!
- • Team Jersey Day – Where the Jersey of your favorite sport Team
- • Twin Tuesday – dress like a friend Wacky Wednesday – dress as crazy as you want
- • Wacky Hat Wednesday – keep the wackiness down to your headwear
- • Freaky Friday – campers dress like a staff member and staff dress like a camper Super Hero Day
- • Throwback Thursday – dress from a time in the past
- • Tie Dye Tuesday – dress in a tie dye shirt, do some tie dying
- • Wacky Wednesday – dress as crazy as you want
- • Teddy Bear Tuesday – everyone brings in their teddy bears
On theme days the 2 groups with the most participants dressed for the day’s theme will win a surprise prize for the entire group!