Work At Cedarbrook
We are always looking for motivated, positive people to join our amazing staff.
Cedar Brook’s goal is to attract and secure the best and brightest camp professionals during the off-season. Just having a pulse and a winsome smile isn’t enough to qualify as a Cedar Brook team member. Our screening process involves challenging job-interview questions, contacting all provided references, and thorough background checks. This exhaustive process results in us hiring team members who do much more than help kids play kickball or draw pictures. Our Counselors and Specialists are youth-development professionals that foster an atmosphere of trust and respect, promote learning, and trying new experiences. We don’t hire teachers and college students who just want a summer job; we want a team that’s passionate about working with young people.
Take the quiz below to determine if you’re ready to work at Cedar Brook. If you can answer “yes” to 8 or more of the following questions, then you should be working with us this summer!
- ☐ I am a responsible and flexible person.
- ☐ I take my job seriously and am hard working.
- ☐ I like having weekends and evenings off.
- ☐ I look forward to being a role model to children.
- ☐ I love being outdoors and “a little sweat” never hurt anyone.
- ☐ I am open to being trained on how to better myself and my abilities to work with children.
- ☐ Creating friendships and being part of a team is exciting to me.
- ☐ I enjoy a good challenge and I work well with others.
- ☐ I am a positive person and I like to help others to be positive as well.
- ☐ I can be silly and have fun just like the campers, when the time is right.
- ☐ I have a great work ethic and I like to problem solve instead of creating problems.
- ☐ I have a contagious enthusiasm to keep children engaged, motivated and busy.
Teachers, Counselors & Instructors
Groups and activities are led by Licensed teachers, experienced adult professionals and collegiate counselors, most of which are elementary and secondary education majors.
Our lifeguards are American Red Cross, First Aid and CPR certified and many are also WSI certified. They are excellent swim instructors, with every intention of providing our campers with an outstanding environment for learning, improving, and enhancing their swimming strengths as well as weaknesses, while gaining confidence and comfort in the water.
Cedar Brook Day Camp
152 Cedar Grove Lane. Somerset, NJ 08873
Phone: (732) 609-5357